A Cyprus based tech firm has claimed to have built an algorithm that identifies women’s orgasms.
Relida Limited the Cyprus tech firm that built the algorithm ,said its algorithm could “validate” female orgasms 86% of the time.
This technological and controversial breakthrough was met with public outrage and ridicule after slides from a presentation it produced were posted on Twitter and were retweeted thousands of times.
The slides themselves according to BBC, says that “there is no reliable way to be sure a woman has an orgasm”. but however, just list statistics about women who have faked climaxes.
Relida said its idea was still in developmental phase and was not intended for publication.
The algorithm is based on earlier research into changes in heart rate.
According to Medical News Today women’s organism “…is widely regarded as the peak of sexual excitement. It is a powerful feeling of physical pleasure and sensation, which includes a discharge of accumulated erotic tension.”
Fast facts on orgasms
- Orgasms have multiple potential health benefits due to the hormones and other chemicals that are released by the body during an orgasm.
- Orgasms do not only occur during sexual stimulation.
- People of all genders can experience orgasm disorders.
- An estimated 1 in 3 men has experienced premature ejaculation.
- Trans people are able to orgasm after gender reassignment surgery.
- Medical professionals and mental health professionals define orgasms differently.
Read more on: BBC